January Whole 30 week 1: How did I do?

January Whole 30 Week 1
How Did I do?

Hello!  I just completed my first week of the January Whole 30.  This is my third Whole 30 and so far, the easiest.  Physically I feel so much better.  I've also incorporated exercise back into my life. 

 I was home on Monday which made it much easier to start!  I had meal prepped on Sunday, so all I had to do was grab and heat.  

Tuesday was my first day back at work after 5 days off.  I was in a bit of a fog all day, but luckily my co-workers understood!  I had my breakfast and lunch already prepped, so I just grabbed it out of the fridge and went to work.

Wednesday I felt a lot better.  No more fog!  I found a great calendar that would list the possible side effects of Whole 30, so I printed it and hung it by my desk.  That way my co-workers know what to expect from me!  Again, I just ate my already prepped meals.

Thursday the calendar suggested I may want to kill all the things, but I actually felt good!  I have picked Thursdays to be my make a grocery list day, so that's what I did.  And then I dreamed about eating sugar cookies before remembering I'm not supposed to.  I was so mad at myself and then I woke up.  I feel like I'm a week ahead of the "calendar" with these crazy food dreams.

Friday was a very tough day for me emotionally.  We found out my sweet sweet dog, Jack had cancer.  We were faced with making a difficult decision that literally broke our hearts.  All I wanted to do when I got home was grab the wine, I'm not gonna lie.  But I stuck to my plan, just not with a smile on my face.

Saturday morning I got up early and did my grocery shopping.  I wanted to try to stick to my plan and to also get Jack a delicious breakfast.  Saturday was even harder than Friday, as we said goodbye to Jack.  I was emoionally drained, exhausted, and numb.  I have never had to say goodbye to a fur baby like that and never understood the heartbreak until now.  I decided to distract myself by making a wholesome Whole 30 dinner, even though I didn't enjoy it very much.

Sunday I meal prepped for the next week.  I only make all the breakfasts and lunches and one or two dinners.  I spent about 3 hours in the kitchen, including clean-up.  I hate it on Sundays, but love it the rest of the week.  It really is a lifesaver and helps keep me on track.

I also have not been sleeping well at all.  I'm not sure if that should be attributed to Whole 30 or what is going on in my personal life right now.  Probably a little bit of both.  I don't usually have a problem with sleeping, so this is new to me.  And I'm not even having any caffeine!!  

Here's to another successful week of Whole 30 week 2!

Want more Whole 30 tips?  Sign up for my Newsletter

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.