Liebster Blog Award!
This weekend, www.shellycriswell.com was nominated by the sweet Amanda May at www.maplealps.com for the Liebster Award. I had never heard of this award before until this weekend. I recently joined some really awesome blogger groups on Facebook and they all seemed to be exploding with posts about the Liebster award. So, naturally I went straight to Google to figure out what it was. It is an award that is given TO bloggers FROM other bloggers. I like to think of it as a “pay it forward” kind of award. This particular award is intended for new bloggers to help them get recognized. I was part of 10 other new bloggers that Amanda chose to recognize on her blog. In return, I will then:
1.Recognize 5 other new bloggers
2.Answer a set of questions that Amanda asked
3.Tell readers 11 random facts about myself
4.Ask 11 more questions of the new blogs I nominated
5.Link this post back to Amanda.
I also made sure to check out the other blogs Amanda recognized. There are some really amazing new bloggers out there. It’s a little overwhelming, to be honest. I don’t know how I’m going fare in this new world of blogging!
Let’s get to the fun stuff! Here are my questions and answers:
1. What is your favorite hot drink?
Well, that is super easy. COFFEE!!!!!!!! Hot, cold, morning, night. I love coffee 🙂
2. What is your process while writing a new blog post?
So far, the majority of my posts have been recipes. So I usually cook something new first to even see if it is blog worthy. If it is, the fam knows to save at least one serving for me to get a picture later. I’ve found the best light to take food pics is natural and there is usually no natural light left for me by the time I get dinner made. I then type up the recipe on the recipe feature my theme has, write a quick blurb about the food, add the picture, and bam! A new post. The hardest thing about recipe posts are the pictures.
3. Why did you start your blog?
I used to blog about 5 years ago when I lost weight and discovered running. I used it as a way to hold me accountable and chronicle my way to running a marathon. I absolutely loved it. But then I went back to work, moved, and life got in the way. Over Christmas break this year, I had time to think about what I wanted to do to make me happy and blogging was the only thing I wanted to do. So here I am!
4. Is there a story behind your blog name?
When trying to decide how to even start a blog, I came across a wonderful website, www.amylynnandrews.com. She has such fantastic advise in easy to understand directions, I decided to use her advice word for word to get it started. She suggested to use your name. It’s easy to remember and you should brand your name. So, I went with it.
5. If your life were to have a theme song, what would it be and why?
Wow, this is a hard one. I think Fighter by Christina Aguilera. I’ve had to pull myself through some hard times, and I came out much stronger than I ever thought I’d be.
6. Do you play any instruments?
Yes, I play piano, flute, clarinet.
7. Where do you find the most inspiration?
Honestly, you can find inspiration everywhere. I’ve only written about food and fitness so far, but there are many things I have on my ideas list I want to write about. I’m just a little scared to dive into those subjects! They would be a lot more personal and I don’t know if I’m ready for that. I just think everyday life, family, nature, they are all very inspiring.
8. Name a place on your bucket list you haven’t visited yet?
I’ve been very fortunate to have married into the military and it took me on many travelling adventures. But there are many more places I would like to visit. I think the one at the top of my list is Machu Picchu.
9. Would you change your name if you could? To what?
No, I quite like my name 🙂 It’s not too ordinary or common, at least in these parts, and it was one of my mom’s favorite names. I had 2 girls to give names I love!
10. What is one thing you never travel without?
11. If you could do anything for 24 hours, what would you do?
Another hard one! Fly in a space ship around the Earth 🙂
Now for 11 random facts about me:
- I’m a toxicologist for my day job.
- I lived in England for 4 years. I’d go back in a skinny minute if I could.
- I lost 100 pounds.
- I want to learn how to salsa.
- I LOVE crossfit.
- I’ve run 2 marathons and 5 half marathons.
- I’m a morning person.
- I don’t like watching TV much.
- I hate naps ~ I feel like I might miss something.
- I love love love to read.
- I want to live the rest of my life with no regrets.
Ok, here are the bloggers I’ve nominated. Please take a moment to share the love!
Marina @ Marina Writes Life
Rian @ This is for Reel
Sanib @ Step Inside my Handbag
Rebecca @ Simply Sapough
Daniela @ Feisty Pants Blog
Here are your 11 questions:
- What is the one song you hear that takes you back to a certain memory?
- What was your favorite vacation and why?
- What did you have for dinner yesterday?
- What’s your favorite Dr. Seuss book?
- Where were you 9/11/2001?
- What’s your favorite word and why?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- Are you superstitious?
- Would you rather shovel snow or mow the lawn?
- If you were a car, would you be an SUV or a sports car?
- Have you ever written a poem?
Congratulations bloggers! Let me know in a comment when you share your blog post about your award. I can’t wait to read all your answers!