Happy Friday everyone! I hope you’ve had a great week and a wonderful start to your weekend. Today is my nephew’s 7th birthday! Happy birthday Mason! Tomorrow we are celebrating at an indoor trampoline park. I can’t wait 🙂 So, funny story about this recipe. I made this on Sunday night and it was evidently so delicious, my family ate the whole thing before I could get a picture! So, I made it again the next night! I have to get smarter with this whole picture-taking business. My family is getting the hang of it, too. They now know to ask if I’ve taken a picture before they get seconds! I tried so hard to get this photo in before I ran out of daylight, but it just didn’t happen.
This chicken Parmesan pie was pretty good. Very easy and a family pleaser. I hope you enjoy it, too.
Chicken Parmesan Pie
Smart Points: 8
1 package reduced fat crescent rolls
1 cup pasta sauce
12 oz cooked, shredded chicken breast
2/3 cup light shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup panko crumbs
2 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray an 8 inch round pie dish with non-stick spray. Unroll your dough and use the pieces to shape a pie crust into your dish. You may need to break some of the pieces to even it out. Prebake dough for 5-7 minutes in oven.
- Place a few tablespoons of pasta sauce on the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a bowl, mix the shredded chicken with the remaining pasta sauce. Spoon into pie crust.
- Sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, parmesan, and panko crumbs. Sprinkle on top of the chicken.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
*Recipe from www.drizzlemeskinny.com