I made this taco casserole last week and it was quick and easy! I loved all of the bell peppers. Reminded me of a veggie pizza. You could definitely play with this and add any of your favorite veggie toppings.
I’m not very happy with my photo. I can’t wait to get my new lens and special light!!!
Bubble Up Taco Casserole
Smart Points: 7
1 lb lean ground beef
1 7.5 oz package pillsbury biscuits
1 1/3 cup salsa
2 cups diced bell peppers
1 cup diced onion
1 cup light shredded cheese (such as WW mexican blend)
Fat free sour cream for topping, optional
- Cook ground beef in a pan. Add taco seasoning and simmer for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Mix ground beef and salsa together.
- Cut biscuits into 6 pieces each.
- Place half of the biscuit pieces in the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with half of the meat mixture, half of the peppers and onions and half the cheese. Repeat layers and finish with chopped green onion on top.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake in oven for 35 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and cut into 6 servings.
*Recipe from www.drizzlemeskinny.com